Once you have applied for and are approved to attend the Market, please follow the link below and provide your username and password.
To apply for a store click here. Entry into the market is a competitive process and you will be contacted within 14 days of applying.
The Market is held on the first Sunday of every month from 10.00am – 4.00pm
The Young Designers Market is located along Little Stanley Street in the heart of South Bank’s restaurant precinct.
You must first submit an Online Application and will be notified if you have been successful within 14 days.
If you have been successful in gaining a stall at the Market, you must pre-pay the Stall Fee within 7 days of notification of Approval to attend the Market.
3.0 m X 3.0 m Marquee
• Marquees suit stallholders using their own racks for clothing etc.
• You may set up your own table within the space provided.
• The marquees will be connected on either side and will form a canopy.
• We will NOT be using walls between the marquees to allow for unobstructed views across the Market area.
If you DO HAVE public liability insurance:
• Please provide a copy of your public liability insurance certificate with your Payment Form.
• Remember: No Paperwork, No Discount!
If you DO NOT have your own cover: $10.00 extra on Stall Fee
• You will be covered by the Market Insurance Policy and will be required to pay an additional $10.00 per week on the Stall Fee.
The Market Public Liability Insurance Policy provides $20,000,000 cover with a $5,000 excess for stallholders who are uninsured.
Please note that it is a strict requirement that a Stallholder must have in place a public and product liability policy with a minimum of $10 million cover in the Stallholder’s name if the Stallholder offers for sale any of the products listed below.
• Second hand electrical goods and toys
• Cosmetics and beauty products
• Medicines, Potions, Oils, Fragrances and Soaps
• Massage, manipulation of muscle, chiropractic or similar
• Hot Food
A copy of the Insurance Certificate of Currency must be supplied to the Manager before a Stallholder may trade at the Market. It is the responsibility of the Stallholder to ensure that the insurance is renewed and remains current for the term that the Stallholder undertakes Trading Activity at the Market.
• Tables, chairs and display equipment.
• Note that all tables must be fitted with covers that drop to within 10 cm from the ground.
• A trolley to cart your stock and equipment to your stall is a good idea as you only have 20 minutes onsite to drop off or pick up your stock and equipment.
All products offered for sale at the Market must be designed by the applicant. Eligible products include arts, craft, clothing, jewellery, collectibles, homewares, and other items on a case by case basis.
Set Up and Pack Up procedures will be forwarded to you by email.
Public parking is available at the South Bank Parklands Underground Car Park. Access is via Tribune Street or Little Stanley Street South Bank. The daily cost is up to $36.00.
The Market will operate rain, hail or shine.